Dates for your Diary 2019 - 2020
Sun, 1st Sep 2019
Thursday 17th October - Photographer
15th November - Children in Need (Dress Up)
18th to 24th November - Road Safety Week
26th November - A.G.M
Saturday 7th December 1 to 4pm - Christmas Fayre at St. Mary’s Church
10th and 11th December - Christmas Nativity for Parents
16th December - Christmas Party with Dizzy Lolly
16th December - Christmas Raffle Draw
Monday 3rd February - Sponsored Wellie Walk
5th March - World Book Day (Dress Up)
13th March - Sport Relief Day (Dress Up)
30th March - Easter Raffle Draw
4th to 7th May - Sponsored Obstacle Course.
20th July - End of year party
Download this newsletter!
Wise Owl Reminders
Sun, 1st Sep 2019
Welcome to the Owl Pre-School. We hope you had an enjoyable summer break. We are looking forward to getting to know (and welcoming back) our new and returning children and their families. We hope your time with us will be happy and rewarding.
To help make your child’s introduction to Pre-School go smoothly, here are a few reminders:-
• Please dress your child appropriately for the weather during their time at Pre-School, (i.e. sun hats and sun cream or coats and wellies) as we do go outside every day unless the weather is really awful. We also regularly allow the children to explore messy materials such as paint, glue, mud and water so therefore please dress your child in clothes which you will not mind getting dirty. For children’s safety jewellery is not allowed to be worn at pre-school.
• Please label your child’s clothes (especially coats) and personal possessions with their name so that staff and children don’t get muddled up.
• We understand that even children who have been toilet-trained for a while can have an accident from time to time and therefore we have a stock of spare clothing.
• We have limited space on our coat pegs and so bags really aren’t necessary - unless your child is being picked up by someone else and needs to have a packed lunch etc.
• If your child is unwell, please keep them off from Pre-School during this time and also for 48 hours after their last episode of illness (particularly if your child has been vomiting or suffering from diarrhoea). This is to ensure that the illness is not spread to the other children and staff - and also to make sure that your child recovers fully. Please do not forget to telephone or email us to explain why your child is absent. This is a requirement of your entitlement to free
• Parking is very busy around the three schools, so please remember to park carefully and considerately, avoiding the yellow lines. Perhaps you could park a little way from the school and let the children benefit from a relaxing walk to and from Pre-School.
• The Owl Pre-School gate is in Packham Road to the right of the Infant School vehicle gate and opens at 8.30am – 9.00am and 3.10pm – 3.45pm. If you are collecting your child from a morning session, the gate will be opened by a member of staff from 11.35am. who will wait there until you leave. For those of you whose children attend afternoon sessions, the gate will be opened at 12.25pm. by a member of staff who will also wait there until you leave the site.
• At lunchtimes, when collecting from our morning sessions or bringing children to our afternoon sessions, please walk along the gravel path leading to the pre-school at the side of the Junior playground. We realise that it can be difficult with buggies, but please do try.
• If you have older children in the Infant and Junior Schools, please do not try to communicate with them in any way if you see them in the playground, as mid-day supervisory staff from the schools have no way of knowing people who are permitted on site from those who are unauthorized.
• Remember to inform the Pre-School if someone different (from the person who brought them) will be collecting your child. We still get some puzzled looks from unfamiliar Mums or Dads, Grandparents, friends or neighbours when we query who they are. It is Pre-School policy that if we have not been informed of the name of the person collecting your child, then the child will not be allowed to leave the Pre-School until the Parent/Carer or Emergency Contact person has been contacted.
• Finally, please please also remember to inform the pre-school of any changes to your address, telephone numbers, emergency contacts or email address etc.
Download this newsletter!